Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Organizing CC!

I have been on a downloading binge lately! I am taking it slowly though and organizing my downloads ONE BY ONE.

Yes, it is very slow and tedious, but this way it will be easier to pinpoint problem files, missing meshes, and finding items later on.

This is how I have organized my Downloads folder.

  • Genetics [hair/make-up/skintones]
  • Buy Mode [comfort/surfaces/decorative/lighting/misc/appliances/plumbing]
  • Build Mode [walls/floors/fences/garden/doors/windows/misc]
  • Clothing
  • Sims

Eventually I'll sort through the Decorative files and break those down too. It is always to biggest folder.

The good thing about taking it slowly about the downloads is I am downloading only what I really want. Usually I download an entire set and just have the unwanted pieces sit in the folders, this time I am deleting items I don't want before loading them into the game.

Tedious, but will pay off.

More screens soon! I think I have downloaded 200 items today. Which in Sim world is barely anything considering the amount of beautiful custom content for download out there!

No comments: